Friday, November 15, 2013

Baby Deep V's, Corporate holidays, and Jesus

I always have a lot of ideas that could be written out. Most are theological or “religious” in nature. Some are of comical family moments. Some are just plain ridiculous thoughts that nobody should be forced to read. So to be one of variety I try to write something different everyday to mix it up. (For the one person who reads this blog!) So while sitting in bed tonight, I text my wife at work and asked her for opinions on what I should write about tonight. Her first response was ridiculous but flattering. “How about how sexy you are and how hot you look in deep V’s!!” Now, nobody in their right mind wants to read about “How hot I look in deep V’s” For those of you who don’t know what a deep V is, it is a trend that older gentlemen began a few years back to make themselves more youthful. Deep ‘V’ tee shirts. They say the deeper the V, the older you are trying to be younger. Now I have never liked deep V tee shirts, I am more of a regular collar sort of guy. However, a few months ago, my wife got me a few deep V’s, maybe what I would consider baby deep V’s. So I am not quite sure why she got me baby deep V’s, maybe she is trying to tell me I’m getting older and less “hip?” But Makenna walked into the bedroom yesterday and made a comment of how much she liked the deep V tee shirts I have recently “been rockin.” So apparently I am on to something, or Leslie paid my kids off to comment on this new style? I am leaning more on the fact that she paid the kids off. *As I pause to gather my thoughts, I realize that this blog has now turned into a deep V conversation.* I asked her for more ideas and this was her second text; “Ok…how about the ridiculousness of it not even being Thanksgiving yet and there’s already the push for Christmas and the meanings of the holidays being lost in the propaganda and business of it all.” Now I know what you’re thinking, because I thought the very same thing, did she just use the word “propaganda?” Anyone that knows my wife knows that she isn’t a woman of fancy words. So “propaganda” caught me completely off guard. But she is right; Thanksgiving has completely taken a backseat to the evil corporate machine of Christmas spending. It would be nice if we were that excited about celebrating the birth of Christ almost a whole two months ahead of time, but sadly that’s not the case. When I asked for one more idea, she sent this last text; “How about how amazing our marriage and friendship are, and how with God being the center we have gotten through every bad thing that has ever come our way?” For the third text in a row, she was correct again. (Because I actually do look sexy in deep baby V’s) You know of all of the things I take for granted, my relationship with my wife and with my God have been the two most stable things in my life by far. The ONLY way, and I mean only way that we have made it through a vast majority of struggles that we have faced, either individually or as a couple, have been through our faith in Jesus. Now I know, some may read this and think how ridiculous that sounds, but its truth. We have seen fire and storms quite a few times in our marriage, but it has been our Lord that has walked through the fire and rode out the storms with us. And for all that, I am very thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment